Terms and conditions for booking and holidaying at our Royal Mile Holiday apartments
Download a PDF version
Please note that these apply when booking directly with us. When booking via AirBnB, then AirBnB’s Terms and Conditions apply (They are similar)
Making a reservation
- A non-refundable deposit of 30% of the holiday rental is required to confirm a reservation. The provisional reservation will be held for 72hrs to allow receipt of the deposit by PayPal, or by direct bank transfer (please ask).
- The balance of the holiday rental is payable 6 weeks before arrival.
- Bookings made within 6 weeks of arrival should be paid in full when making the reservation.
- Reservations are on a nightly basis.
- Holiday insurance is not included, and you are advised to take out insurance (many UK annual policies cover pre-booked UK holidays).
- If the booking is cancelled by you up to 14 days prior to check in date 50% of the booking fee will be refunded. If the booking is cancelled within 14 days of check in there will be a refund of 10% of the booking fee.
- We are not responsible for any delays in your arrival due to flights, ferries, weather, etc.
- Please pay the balance of your holiday rental on time, 6 weeks before check in. If you have not paid, we will send one reminder email to the address provided by you. If no response is made within 72 hours we will take that as your agreement to cancel your booking. In this case, no refund of the booking fee will take place.
Arriving and Departing
- Check in is at 16:00 or later.
- We may be able to offer a baggage holding service, subject to availability and a £25 charge, or an early check in or late check out, subject to availability and a £50 charge for each. Please state this requirement at the time of your initial booking and we will confirm if this service can be offered to you.
- Guests should vacate the property by 10am on the day of departure unless a late check out had been previously agreed via email confirmation.
- The property is suitable for 4 people, plus two more if using the sofabed. 6 is the maximum adult occupancy.
- Children and babies are welcome. A travel cot and high chair are provided.
- Climbing/playing in the balcony area is at your own risk.
- Inside the house, parents should be careful of little hands playing with pens, water, etc which could cause damage, for which parents are responsible.
- Please note that this property can not accommodate pets.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the property including the balcony. If there is any evidence of smoking there will be a charge of £200 made to the payment card to cover cleaning costs/penalty charge.
- The rental price includes heating, hot water, bed linen, towels, a welcome pack, and wi-fi internet.
There is a folder of useful information in the property, such as local information, maps, etc. Please let us know if you want to know anything specific before you arrive.